Spicy Sautéed Fluke with Olives and Cherry Tomatoes
• 2 pounds Fluke
• ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
• ¼ cup olive oil
• ½ teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
• 4 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1 cup Kalamata olives or other brine-cured black olives, chopped
• 6 garlic cloves, minced
1. Heat olive oil in a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Add half of the fish to the skillet and sauté until just opaque in the center, about three minutes per side. Transfer fish to a platter, repeat with the remaining fish.
3. Add the parsley and crushed red pepper to the same skillet; sauté 1 minute.
4. Add tomatoes, olives and garlic; sauté until the tomatoes are soft and juicy, about 2 minutes.
5. Season sauce with salt and pepper; spoon over fish.
Wine Pairing Feature Recommended by Ted Ross, Vince & Joe’s Sommelier
Pierre Boniface, Apremont Blanc, Savoie, France - $18.99 750 ml.
“Made from the Jacquere grape, this Little French White is floral, delicate, and extremely refreshing. Full of flavor, but will not overpower delicate dishes like this.”