Honey Pork Tenderloin
• 3 (3/4 to 1 pound) pork tenderloins
• ½ cup soy sauce
• ½ cup dry sherry
• ½ cup honey
• ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
• ¼ cup vegetable oil
• 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
• 1 ½ tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
• 1 tablespoon minced shallots
• 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
1. Place pork tenderloins in a shallow baking dish large enough to hold them without crowding.
2. Combine the soy sauce, sherry, honey, vinegar, oil and orange juice in a medium bowl, whisking until well blended. Stir in the rosemary, shallots and ginger. Pour the mixture over the tenderloins. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to marinate at room temperature for 2 hours.
3. Preheat an outdoor grill on medium high heat.
4. Remove the pork from the marinate, shaking off any excess.
5. Place the tenderloins on the grill and cook, turning frequently, for about 18 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part reads 146 degrees F.
6. Transfer to a platter and allow the meat to rest for 10 minutes before carving.
Wine Pairing Feature: Recommended by Ted Ross, Vince & Joe’s Sommelier
Vier Jahreszeiten, 2007 Gewurztraminer Kabinett - $9.99 750 ml.
“An absolute steal! Slightly off-dry, with an explosive nose of rose petals and spice. Brisk acidity keeps everything refreshing.”