Bombay of Lamb
- Stewing lamb meat cut into 1 inch cubes
- Plain yogurt
- Green cardamom pods ground
- Vegetable oil
- Ground turmeric
- Cayenne pepper
- Ground coriander
- Roma tomatoes finely chopped
1. Cut your stewing lamb meat into 1 inch cubes and set aside.
2. In a small bowl add your ground cardamom and then mix with a little water to
make a paste.
3. In a heavy bottomed pot, over medium heat, add the vegetable oil. Add the
cardamom paste and the pepper and fry over low heat for 2-3 minutes. Add the
meat, turmeric, cayenne and coriander powders and sauté for 10 minutes,
stirring all the time to prevent the mixture from sticking to the bottom of the
pot, adding water if necessary.
4. Lower the heat and add the yogurt, tomatoes, and salt to taste and continue to
sauté for a further 5 minutes. Add about 4 cups water, cover the pot and leave
to simmer over low heat until tender ( about 11/2 hours)